Friday, May 15, 2015

Be my friend?

So I've been thinking a lot about relationships lately.  I love them.  I find them fascinating.  If I ever became a counselor outside of a school I would want to be a marriage and family counselor.  But as much as I love them, I get so frustrated by them.  Where on Earth does a twenty-something girl go to make friends?!?

I LOVE my group of girlfriends.  They've been my friends since High School and I hope they always will be my friends, BUT ... they are all married with kids.  I am not married nor do I have any kids nor do I have any desire to get married or have kids any time soon.  I feel so disconnected from them.  The things we each have to talk about, neither can relate to.  Not to mention when I want to go out and do something most times they can't b/c hello, kids, babysitter, jealous husbands, etc.  Also, spoiler, I'm not your typical girl.  I'd much rather be out at a bonfire, out fishing, at a rodeo, or at the dirt tracks then at the mall or a club.  Turns out not a lot of girls like going out and doing these things. And girls get jealous if you hang out with their boyfriends/husbands without them.   So that means I don't get to go out and do these things often. The two girlfriends I had that liked that type of stuff ... one moved to MT and the other and I aren't friends anymore thanks to a long crappy night.  Maybe I need to learn to just go out and do things by myself.  But that seems so lame.  I don't want to go out and do things alone lol

Also, I cannot deal with fake people, especially fake girls.  I'm over the whole "oh em gee you're my best friend" but then we never talk or you only call when it's convenient/you're bored type of friendships.

I'm not trying to whine or anything (hopefully it isn't coming off as that, b/c I really do love my friends!), but I'm serious ... where do people go to make new friends??

In other relationship news ... a guy I went on a couple dates with TWO YEARS AGO just re-friend requested me on FB. What?

And because it seems no blog post is that good unless it has a few memes ...

haha! Oh so true!

How some people make me feel.

LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment