Thursday, June 25, 2015

My thoughts on turning 30

First off, social media kind of ruined it for me. I see pics and posts from people that had these big blow out parties and I totally romanticized it in my head. Then when the day came and there wasn't some big surprise bash I was kind of let down. Plus, having a summer birthday is nice sometimes, but it's also hard because everyone is traveling and busy. As a kid it meant pool and worlds of fun and fun days, but as an adult everyone is busy with their families and it's hard to get together. This was also the first birthday I haven't woken up at my parents' house. :( THAT was strange. No kitchen decorated. No birthday breakfast. I tried to get the dogs and kitties to make me breakfast, but they didn't. Rude. ;) I'm a little embarrassed about how much I had built it up in my head and how let down I was ... But all in all, it was a nice day/weekend spent with family and close friends and THAT is just about perfect! Being 30 doesn't feel any different than 29 so far. Except I have a lot of goals I want to get done this year. After my breakup last year I vowed to spend more time on ME and I'm keeping that theme for this year. I want to grow and be a better person, I want to experience more things ... Most of all I want to love me for me. I struggle at times with liking myself, so this year, I WILL!

No comments:

Post a Comment